Site Feedback

droogy2

Appreciation score
I put this request in the wrong section before, so I’ll try again. If you search for music via the genres list everything posted in the flac format is omitted from the search because you remove the genre tag and replace it with "flac". Please, please stop removing the genre tag.

PHF

Appreciation score
Hi everyone, I just registered to report issues visiting and trying to DL off scnlog.
Almost all links appear unreachable, weetools skip page goes in a load loop and then gets stuck, once I've tried opening any mirrorace link internet connection just goes off, it's pretty a nightmare honestly, it's been going on like this for 3 days now, it used to work pretty cool, but it's turned into a complete disaster sadly.
This happens on any browser I've given a try with: Firefox, Chrome and opera.
Don't know if it's the pop ups or the verification pages but it's sadly a total mess rn.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Last edited:

samaddy

Generous
Appreciation score
Hi everyone, I just registered to report issues visiting and trying to DL off scnlog.
Almost all links appear unreachable, weetools skip page goes in a load loop and then gets stuck, once I've tried opening any mirrorace link internet connection just goes off, it's pretty a nightmare honestly, it's been going on like this for 3 days now, it used to work pretty cool, but it's turned into a complete disaster sadly.
This happens on any browser I've given a try with: Firefox, Chrome and opera.
Don't know if it's the pop ups or the verification pages but it's sadly a total mess rn.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

everything is working fine here.

are you using a vpn? maybe try switching servers if so. if not, maybe do a reset on your router. clear all your browser cookies although i doubt thats it if you already tried different browsers. have you tried a different computer? only other thing i can think of is a bit drastic though, which would be a fresh operating system install.

PHF

Appreciation score
everything is working fine here.

are you using a vpn? maybe try switching servers if so. if not, maybe do a reset on your router. clear all your browser cookies although i doubt thats it if you already tried different browsers. have you tried a different computer? only other thing i can think of is a bit drastic though, which would be a fresh operating system install.
Nope, I'm not using a VPN.
Everything is working superfine on any other site, until I open mirrorace links, things get super messy, verifications pages, weetools and all that stuff go looping, links can't be reached and ultimately internet connection goes off.
I've tried on mobile and it seems to work.
Things get a disaster on pc, but I'll never try a fresh operating system install.
I've been downloading from scnlog for more than a decade, then things started going weird, releases stuck, site went off so for a couple of years I used rarbg and it was great, super quick, amazing.
Since rarbg shut down I was forced to go back to scnlog but things turned terribly wrong.
Guess it's time to say goodbye to collecting releases, too much time wasted sadly.

rappunzel

Appreciation score
Everything is working superfine on any other site, until I open mirrorace links, things get super messy, verifications pages, weetools and all that stuff go looping, links can't be reached and ultimately internet connection goes off.
Things get a disaster on pc, but I'll never try a fresh operating system install.
I've been downloading from scnlog for more than a decade, then things started going weird, releases stuck, site went off so for a couple of years I used rarbg and it was great, super quick, amazing.
Since rarbg shut down I was forced to go back to scnlog but things turned terribly wrong.
Guess it's time to say goodbye to collecting releases, too much time wasted sadly.
That is deffinitely weird if the visiting website turns off/reset your connection. Use your mobile then if the mobile downloading system works fine.
If the mobile works then logically the problem is on your side.
Check your installed browser extiensons wheter is that not a reason of looping beavaior or use other browser.

samaddy

Generous
Appreciation score

the last thing i can think of is try turning off your adblocker. maybe a year ago or so mirrorace wasnt loading with it. but im using ublock at the moment and not having any issues.

SimpeleZiel

Generous
Appreciation score
Are releases no longer getting backfilled after a bit of downtime?

In the past, even when scnlog went down for a couple of days, all releases from the past days would still get uploaded. That was totally awesome! Last week and just now there have been a couple of hours downtime (no problem of course, it happens), but everything that got released during that downtime didn't get uploaded anymore. That's really unfortunate for those who don't have other music sources anymore since the demise of RARBG (and no, I don't have access to my router so I can't forward ports for something like DC++ or Soulseek).

frank479

Appreciation score
Hi. I'm reporting a couple issues with accessing the site. A couple days ago the site was not responding (according to Cloudflare). Then, yesterday it was back. Now today, when I launched my browser, I was immediately greeted with a "Sorry you have been blocked" page. I don't see how simply launching the browser would do that. I do sit behind a VPN, though. I tried to use the contact form so I could give the admins my Cloudflare Ray ID (7eb6f438688e0ad1) but I was met with "There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later." So, a couple things just not working. I switched my VPN connection to another one and that seemed to work. But, unless Nord VPN has servers that have been banned by SCN, I'm a little baffled and thought I should report this.

EDIT: Even though switching VPN servers fixes the problem for the current page, if I refresh that page or go to any other page, I'm blocked again.

Last edited:

stiveert

Appreciation score
Hi Admin

Since about 3 days there have been no updates from the dutch and flemish groups to be, I think its jammed.

Kind regards Stiveert

DreamWorld

Appreciation score
the admin hasn't been online for half a month and is generally online here quite seldom. it is better to use the contact form on the main page.

stiveert

Appreciation score
the admin hasn't been online for half a month and is generally online here quite seldom. it is better to use the contact form on the main page.
Thank you for reporting, I have already tried contacting them directly but I then get the message,
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.
we just wait and see.

iwashere

Appreciation score
It's not only the Dutch and Flemish section that is delayed.
Basically all foreign stuff is sleeping for over a week now.

I blame the holiday season - I just hope we'll see some uploads retroactively.

PHF

Appreciation score
It's not only the Dutch and Flemish section that is delayed.
Basically all foreign stuff is sleeping for over a week now.

I blame the holiday season - I just hope we'll see some uploads retroactively.
Something weird is going on again.
An awful lot of mainstream stuff in the music section is delayed or won't even be posted (tones and I, Robin Schulz, Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Lauv, Lana Del Rey just to name a few).
Things get particularly messy on fridays, when things get officially released, that's when a large number of releases gets lost.
Maybe I got it wrong, but isn't it supposed to be bots updating all sections? if so, how can holiday season affect bots doing their job?
And again, if it's bots, It's also weird holiday season is only affecting scnlog ones, because all releases missing in here appear to be regularly posted in the premium-only competitor I won't mention :-/

Last edited:

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Unless it's to comply with DMCA takedowns, certain artists might be blacklisted?
I dunno, just guessing ..
@admin @Scnlog any feedback?

If stuff's getting missed, just request it here. 10/day ... you'll get the missed ones eventually, right?

iwashere

Appreciation score
@PHF

I blame the holiday season because bots are notorious for bumping into walls, and no one is home to check on them.

yesisik824

Appreciation score
PC-Iso section (games) is also missing like 90% of the releases for a week or so.

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
Sorry all for my absence.

There's currently a problem with mirrorace where the upload speed is really slow, at around 1-2 MB/s. That's why there's a big backlog on the foreign section and previously at the games section. Those 2 sections have multiup.org instead temporarily.

There was also a problem with the music bot and some releases never got posted. Due to "technical reasons" I don't have a way to know which ones were missed and it would take me a LOT of work to check manually. Thank god for this forum, am I right? :D

What other problems are plaguing the site right now?

iwashere

Appreciation score
Maybe not a priority right now, but there are some (not sure how many) specials in 720p only, that bots (when working) ignore. I wanted to report this a year ago but the feedback section was a mess, and by now I've lost track of all those releases. The specials I'm thinking of were mostly TV stuff and one-offs, like docu or comedy and stand-up shows.

Please know that I'm not looking for anything specific right now, I just remember it being an issue here on site when switching to 1080p only. Of course there are always other places that could fill this need, but maybe not all people here have the access since it's mostly private sites.

Just some feedback, nothing more.

Btw. welcome back, Boss. :)

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
There have been times when the site goes dark for upto 24 hours but it has been ok the last couple of weeks. We can blame CloudFlare for it because that's where it gets stuck. CouldFlare has always been a piece of shit

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
Unfortunately there can be no more 720p releases, it's either 720p only or 1080p only due to bandwidth constraints and I think it's time we leave 720p behind.

Cloudflare is a necessity or else the hosting provider would get flooded on complaints.

Btw. welcome back, Boss. :)

Top Bottom