Forum feedback

maciek073

Contributor
Appreciation score
The forum supports filtering by tag. Annoyingly, it doesn't offer "none" as an option, so right now we can show only the filled requests, but we can't show only the unfilled requests. Kinda the wrong way 'round, for practical purposes. :p
scroll>click the triangle next to "Forums" and click Unanswered threads

kassyopeia

Appreciation score
scroll>click the triangle next to "Forums" and click Unanswered threads
Good point! Sorting one of the boards by number of replies is more or less equivalent, for that board. The only flaw I can think of is that self-fills usually stay unanswered/have zero replies, too - but those are a drop in the bucket, so no worries.

yamauba

Generous
Appreciation score
We can filter on threads marked as FILLED but it would be helpful to be able to filter by not filled.

Edit : Also, it'd be nice if there was a section for sharing so that the request forum isn't flooded with links kindly shared by others.

Last edited:

OneSelf

Appreciation score
Would be good to add as default REQUEST prefix to all non-filled requests.

kassyopeia

Appreciation score
Would be good to add as default REQUEST prefix to all non-filled requests.
Agreed, if a default prefix is doable. Two other tags that might be occasionally useful are "Incomplete" for Scene fills with missing tracks, and "Alternate" for the situation that nobody was able to provide the release the OP originally asked for, but somebody did provide another release of the same content instead.

yamauba

Generous
Appreciation score
Ok now all threads on the request forums are created with the UNFILLED tag by default. Other tags could be added as needed.

Great!

Another problem I have is knowing when a request of mine has been filled. I can go look at my postings but then I'm scrolling through everything to try to find my unfilled requests.

Any solutions to that?

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
Great!

Another problem I have is knowing when a request of mine has been filled. I can go look at my postings but then I'm scrolling through everything to try to find my unfilled requests.

Any solutions to that?

Go to your preferences and enable "Automatically watch content you create…".

This is now enabled by default for newly registered users.

OneSelf

Appreciation score
Great!

Any solutions to that?
You should be notified about the reaction to your topic, if you have this option ticked in your profile. :unsure:

DreamWorld

Appreciation score
this page runs so slow for me. sometimes loading times can take up to 10 seconds regardless of vpn or location. others don't have this problem?

Last edited:

yamauba

Generous
Appreciation score
yeah, loading can be slow sometimes for me too

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
The forum shares the same server as the site. These last days I have been making several tests with the search which is very resource intensive on the server, as you'd expect for a site approaching 2.5m posts.

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
It's now possible to delete your own account. Click your username in the top bar and it's right next to "Log out."

@midor

rappunzel

Appreciation score
The forum shares the same server as the site. These last days I have been making several tests with the search which is very resource intensive on the server, as you'd expect for a site approaching 2.5m posts.
I bet that you have already tried indexing . How about disabling older entries hence reducing the db load ? Is that one huge db or is it splitted into multiple "section" views ?

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
The spammers have arrived. You need a MODERATOR urgently (also to assist in moving topics etc).
If you thought a captcha would stop the bots ... think again ;)

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
I bet that you have already tried indexing . How about disabling older entries hence reducing the db load ? Is that one huge db or is it splitted into multiple "section" views ?

Yeah, indexes but not only that. It's been a struggle because of all the hyphens and underscores that are part of the release names. I think search is in a good place right now.

The spammers have arrived. You need a MODERATOR urgently (also to assist in moving topics etc).
If you thought a captcha would stop the bots ... think again ;)

Indeed.

Fortunately the forum software lets me delete all messages from the spammer and ban him with just one click.

DrippedOut

LEGEND
Appreciation score
May I suggest setting "Bypass flood check" to enabled for whatever user group is set for established users. The rate limits a real buzz kill..... Thanks for being proactive in getting everything setup!

Top Bottom