Forum feedback

iwashere

Appreciation score
Nope, a Chromium-based browser on a regular laptop.
But I think you're right though, because I just tried TOR, and they show up just fine there.
Weird, because the regular smilies work, but the ones from the other categories are all squares for me.

Anyway, must be on my end then, maybe some of my filters or something. Ignore that particular feedback for now.

Last edited:

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
Drama aside, is there consensus on a request limit?

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Drama aside, is there consensus on a request limit?
We had a poll, which turned into drama with new accounts getting made just to vote.
The overall outlook from the contributing members was a set limit of 10 requests each day.
I made a post expanding the rules a bit and added the 10 request / day limit:
https://scnlog.me/forum/threads/the-rules-explained-read-before-posting.9352/

It's been fine so far, some minor issues but the forum feels fine with 10 each day.
This prevent excessive requesting as things were wild before the limit was enforced.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
It even said why it's there:
"The POLL was purged as some people started trolling by making new accounts to vote over and over. (see attachment)"

But I have removed it from the topic now.

Last edited:

Scnlog

Administrator
Staff member
Appreciation score
10 seems reasonable. I will take a look on how to enforce it.

Bertram

Appreciation score
how about filehost mirror section ( premium link like rapidgator etc ) mirror to freehosts?
/edit: and maybe a shortcut on the mainpageforum to mark *complete forum* as read
only see it is possible under-> /forum/whats-new/posts/.....

That would also be a nice -> a premiumfile Mirror threat

Zekas

Appreciation score
Would it be possible to let the replier change the prefix on to the request sections?

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
Unless I'm making a silly mistake, searching for "Kylie_Minogue-Tension_(Deluxe)-WEB-2023-ENRiCH" fails to find the thread with that precise title, scnlog.me/forum/threads/23254. Anyone have any idea why? How uncommon is this?

DrippedOut

LEGEND
Appreciation score
Unless I'm making a silly mistake, searching for "Kylie_Minogue-Tension_(Deluxe)-WEB-2023-ENRiCH" fails to find the thread with that precise title, scnlog.me/forum/threads/23254. Anyone have any idea why? How uncommon is this?
That thread doesnt even show up searching just for Kylie, working backward, it shows up searching for (Deluxe)-WEB-2023-ENRiCH but as soon as you add the next word it stops showing up (Tension_(Deluxe)-WEB-2023-ENRiCH). So it seems very random (as it doesnt work with just Kylie either...

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
[Note: I added search links for ease of use, but am unsure whether they'll work as intended.]

Nice! I'd given up using the forum search for anything other than full release names, as simply typing in names or titles invariably came up blank, in my less than extensive experience. Case in point, searching simply for "kylie" doesn't just fail to find that thread, it fails to find anything - or used to, anyway, now it finds your post, and soon it'll find my post too, heh.

Picking up where you left off, though, the problem seems to specifically be that underscores aren't recognized as whitespaces: "kylie_minogue" does find the thread in question, along with a couple of others. Ditto, "tension" fails, but "tension_" works.

Which is nice to know, but doesn't quite answer the question why the full release name fails in this case. Poking around some more, my guess is that it's about the brackets, or rather the underscore-bracket sequence specifically. On the results page of your "(Deluxe)-WEB-2023-ENRiCH" suggestion, it looks to me like the brackets aren't bolded, unlike the rest of the search string, and the HTML confirms that:

HTML:
Kylie_Minogue-Tension_(<em class="textHighlight">Deluxe</em>)<em class="textHighlight">-WEB-2023-ENRiCH</em>

Guessing again, that may have to do with brackets being subject to URL-encoding, as in "scnlog.me/forum/search/1?q=%28deluxe%29". At any rate, something like "A_Storm_In_Heaven-(2016_Remastered-Deluxe)-BONUS_TRACKS", with no underscores next to the brackets, appears to be unproblematic.

Getting back to our thread, simply removing the brackets, "Kylie_Minogue-Tension_Deluxe-WEB-2023-ENRiCH", doesn't cut it, but replacing them with dashes, "Kylie_Minogue-Tension_-Deluxe--WEB-2023-ENRiCH", which are being recognized as whitespaces and are not subject to encoding, does. Yay?

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
^ The general lesson I'm taking from this is to give up on the primary search engine for the time being, in favour of the secondary one that powers that "Is this already being discussed?" widget on "Post thread" forms like scnlog.me/forum/node/music.2/post-thread. Looks like that one is fuzzier - by necessity, given that its whole point is to come up with a best fit, no matter how bad "best" happens to be - which isn't always a good thing, but is a good workaround for bugs like this one. That was what kept me from unwittingly duping the "Tension" request the other day, anyway.

eris

Appreciation score
@@aGGyunit can we start a request thread for NFOs and support files that are not present on srrDB?

Top Bottom