Forum feedback

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
Picking up where you left off, though, the problem seems to specifically be that underscores aren't recognized as whitespaces: "kylie_minogue" does find the thread in question, along with a couple of others. Ditto, "tension" fails, but "tension_" works.

Next quirk: Do dots work as whitespaces? Looks like the answer is... complicated, of course. :p

Using "New.Jack.City.1991.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264-REGRET", currently the most recent request in scnlog.me/forum/node/movies.7, to investigate, it looks to me like the engine treats this as four "atoms", namely "New.Jack.City", "1991", "iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264", and "REGRET". Searching for any, or any combination, of those succeeds:

"New.Jack.City", "1991", "iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264", "REGRET"
"New.Jack.City iNTERNAL.DVDRip.x264", "REGRET 1991"

If dots were treated as whitespaces, the first and third ought not be atomic, but trying to split them fails:

"New", "Jack", "City"
"iNTERNAL.DVDRip", "DVDRip.x264"

So it's only the dot before and after the year that work as expected. Why? I'm thinking it's less about dots as such and more about boundaries between alphabetic and numerical characters, in some fashion. Bit vague to be of much use, but I'm afraid that for now, I'm just going to leave it at that! :p

PHF

Appreciation score
today, mirrorace links to single hosts (uploadee, mixdrop etc..) fail to be reached.
connection to woowebtool skip page fails to load...
woowebtools, or whatever the name of that redirect is, appears to be infected and blacklisted...
is somebody else experiencing the same issue?

Last edited:

Appreciation score
Just tried a mirrorace link, and it seems to be working as intended (works with uBlock as well).
Maybe it was a temporary derp... or they be playing with code for mining purposes. Who knows?

I normally stay away from that place, I basically just go there if I'm really desperate.

Last edited:

PHF

Appreciation score
Just tried a mirrorace link, and it seems to be working as intended (works with uBlock as well).
Maybe it was a temporary derp... or they be playing with code for mining purposes. Who knows?

I normally stay away from that place, I basically just go there if I'm really desperate.

today seems to be working again.
but i agree with you that downloading off the site it's generally a bit of a nightmare.

djsyyow

Appreciation score
I got to admit that I used to unintentionally cross one of the rules: Out of good will, I thought that thanking the uploader will be appreciated :) that's until one of the known users here noted me about it, I then immediately looked for ~10 replays of the same type of mine and deleted them.

As a new user, I thought that the only rules that I need to read and understand are the one that sticks to the forum header:

1700314883708.png

there are 2 main feedbacks I would like to rise regarding the above:
  1. rule #5 should simply clarify that "thanks" replays are not needed / allow. a simple addition of "(don't reply with a "thank you" messages)" would prevent my offense.
  2. I think it is worth mentioning the bumping rule as well
  3. links to a more detailed rules threads might would help as well:
    - https://scnlog.me/forum/threads/the-rules-explained-read-before-posting.9352/
    - https://scnlog.me/forum/threads/posting-guide-how-to-do-it-right.19664/
    - https://scnlog.me/forum/node/apps.3/

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
Is it possible to filter "Your Content" to show our own filled or unfilled only ?

Otherwise we have to go through many pages to find our own unfilled requests

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
Is it possible to filter "Your Content" to show our own filled or unfilled only ?

Otherwise we have to go through many pages to find our own unfilled requests
If you look at the URLs involved in the "Your Content" functionality, it's actually just a search shortcut with the link "scnlog.me/forum/search/member?user_id=..." and the result "scnlog.me/forum/search/...". You can use the "Advanced search..." interface directly (scnlog.me/forum/search) to customize this. To find only own unfilled threads, go to tab "Search threads", fill in field "Posted by" and pick "UNFILLED" in field "Prefixes", and tick "Display results as threads" at the very bottom. There ought to be a way to turn this back into a bookmarkable URL, but I've not managed to work out what that is. :)

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
Scratch that, here it is. Took looking at the form's HTML to get some of the bits and pieces:

https://scnlog.me/forum/search/1/?t=post&c[users]=...&c[prefixes][1]=5&g=1

Bookmarking that address, with "..." replaced with your username, should do the trick. Do not enter this into the address bar and then bookmark the results, that may look like it's working at first but is going to break sooner or later, I believe.

PLUXYZ

Generous
Appreciation score
How to deal with requesters that kind of disappear after posting their requests and don't show up again even after weeks?
Is there a way to mark threads as FILLED by the uploader without bothering admins to do so?

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
No current system in place to do that.

Just report it to Moderator.
Every few weeks I normally go visit all the UNFILLED topics with 1 or more reply to check for this.
Sometimes people do not return for an extended period of time. In that case I mark it filled and leave a note *Marked FILLED by MOD*.
If the user has been active and just didn't mark it filled / thank I will also mark it filled, leave that note and throw in a notification for the first one or a warning if there is a lot of them.

It's annoying but the nature of an open message board where anyone can sign up and request.

iwashere

Appreciation score
Please make "Mark Read" for the whole forum.
Sometimes you just want to start fresh, especially if you've been away for a while.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

iwashere

Appreciation score
Oh nice, did not notice a whole list there.
Much quicker now, thanks for the info.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Looks like Pixeldrain is having a meltdown.
Page is up, then down ... then up ... all over the place.
Their server status page does not reflect any of the issues ...

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
The "Is this already being discussed?" feature for the "Post thread" form mostly works better than the forum search, but occasionally the suggestions make no sense at all. Like, putting

Californication.S02E02.1080p.PROPER.BluRay.x264-TENEIGHTY

into the title field currently results in the suggestion

J-Hope.in.the.Box.2023.HDR.2160p.WEB.h265-KOGi

instead of the obvious match, which is the thread for E01 from the same season set. Not a single token is the same, or even similar - and getting one of the middle ones right is bound to happen by sheer chance as often as not, given that those come from very short lists of allowed values. The closest I can come up with is that "S02E" looks a bit like "2023" in a 1337 sort of way, heh.

wizotoo

Contributor
Appreciation score
search sometimes doesnt seem to work for me is it the same for others too ?
for example searching for this New_Order-Low-Life_(Definitive)-24BIT-96KHZ-WEB-FLAC-2023-OBZEN
results in "No results found." and even when shortened to New_Order-Low-Life its the same and only when its shortened to or New_Order-Low it actually finds it here https://scnlog.me/forum/threads/new...nitive-24bit-96khz-web-flac-2023-obzen.64419/

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
search sometimes doesnt seem to work for me is it the same for others too ?
for example searching for this New_Order-Low-Life_(Definitive)-24BIT-96KHZ-WEB-FLAC-2023-OBZEN
results in "No results found." and even when shortened to New_Order-Low-Life its the same and only when its shortened to or New_Order-Low it actually finds it here https://scnlog.me/forum/threads/new...nitive-24bit-96khz-web-flac-2023-obzen.64419/
Cleanest solution I found is to replace the brackets with minuses:

New_Order-Low-Life_-Definitive--24BIT-96KHZ-WEB-FLAC-2023-OBZEN

For more, go back one page in this thread. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom