Hosting

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
One file every 30 minutes for free accounts at full speed was a good feature of Uptobox.
Alternative? No idea, there really is not a lot of good free hosting options out there.

Many of the ones kasten posted are sketchy as they will just delete your entire account on the first DMCA notice.
Have not seen many of those being used on forums like these either ...
Feel free to give us ideas as I don't have many hosts in my current list for uploading files over 250MB.

kasten

Generous
Appreciation score
I actually did a quick search and found that list, a shame it wasn't useful hosts.

But check out this host:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

To upload a large file even just to make the file available when requested should be considered, I think it should work.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Just having a quick look at terrabox.

For free user:
20 files max, 4GB/file, file expiry unknown but it looks to be very short for NON paid accounts.
Safe 200MB (I take this is the total space that does not get deleted, like the Safety Storage (20GB) on Krakenfiles.

:/

kasten

Generous
Appreciation score
Yes I understood.
But what I'm reporting is not permanent storage. Even if it is for a few days so that whoever requests it can download it and whoever uploads it can make it available.

I may be talking nonsense, or the ones we already use already do this.

And the ulozto host?

:rolleyes:

Zekas

Appreciation score
retention can be setup individual per file:
"Again, one of the most impressive features of TeraBox is that you yourself get to assign an expiry period for the files that you are sharing. For example, if you want to make the link available for 7 days, you can easily choose that time period. Or you can even decide to keep it active for 30 days or set it up as a permanent validity link."

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Free and forever/permanent sounds too good to be true.

The permanent validity link is just how long the download link will be valid for.
Anyway, I made an account, I'll upload some files and post them as mirrors here.
See how long it lasts and what the real limits are.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
So downloading is impossible without installing their software.
The website looks identical to the Baidu Netdisk service, which also requires their software to download any files.

:/

kasten

Generous
Appreciation score
Unfortunately we don't have better host at the moment.
Good thing we have imagenetz and pixeldrain.

Zekas

Appreciation score
Okay that sucked with the client. Like kasten said good that we have imagenetz or pixeldrain.

btw how about mixdrop? i only have heard of them from mirrorace, but had no problems with them while using them from the main site.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Here are 10 popular alternatives for you to try:

I think everyone knows this, but it's worth testing.

Most of those are paid services as the free accounts give you hardly any space.

Uploadever.in is pretty heavy on the ads and captcha's etc. Also got some anti virus warnings while browsing their site to upload.
Gofile doesn't keep files for very long
cyberdrop has a 100MB file size limit, have not tested the speed.

At best they are useful for a file every now and then, but not for heavy use.

kasten

Generous
Appreciation score
This one says we can load up to 10GB.
It also informs link deletion in 1 year.

Test Link:

3.PNG

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
-- Test Link:

You can't download anything without making an account and paying, we've discovered this earlier when they changed how their site works.

Test Link:

Works ok when I tried to download. I'll give it a go, see how others find it when downloading.

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
fastupload.io was very fast in my initial test (y)

JessicaRabid

LEGEND
Appreciation score
i keep getting random 404 file not found error messages from pixeldrain, anyone else having the issue? had one yesterday and went back at it loaded fine today. had two more just now, but i opened them with tor browser instead of chrome and they loaded fine.

dnbx

Philanthropist
Appreciation score
i keep getting random 404 file not found error messages from pixeldrain, anyone else having the issue? had one yesterday and went back at it loaded fine today. had two more just now, but i opened them with tor browser instead of chrome and they loaded fine.
try clear cookees

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
@jessicarabid

According to pixeldrain's server status (
on page 2) scylla us-west1 server was down recently.
That means that files uploaded during that time are not SYNCED to that server and depending what part of the world you live in, you will get a 404 error.
Pixeldrain works in a weird way, I can copy paste the info from the owner if you really want as I asked him this a while ago.

VPN / TOR will most likely connect to another server and let you download the file.
Myself, Uglyman, Phil507 all had the same issue earlier today.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Pixeldrain slow for you?

Fill out their survey so they can get to the bottom of the issue:

Here's some info directly from PixelDrain:

This week I started hearing from many customers that their download speed has suddenly dropped to around 30 KiB/s, well below what's acceptable. I spent some time investigating this and I have come to the conclusion that this is happening due to factors out of my control. I have some theories as to what's happening:

• Some internet providers have started noticing the amount of bandwidth that pixeldrain uses and are throttling connections to my servers to save on transit costs.
  • Some of the international cables connecting Europe and Asia may be overloaded or damaged. This means transit providers have to throttle some connections to make place for others. As pixeldrain uses the most dirt-cheap internet that's available it's probably the first to get throttled.
To really figure out what's going on I need some more information. Please fill in this short survey to help me get to the bottom of it:

The issue seems most prevalent in Asia and Oceania. I do not have servers in those regions so all the traffic is served from Europe and the USA. This means that files downloaded there always have to traverse an ocean. Traffic that crosses a long distance becomes expensive simply due to the number of routers it has to pass through.

Though it is really scummy, and illegal in some places, throttling international connections can save an ISP quite a lot of money. We know by now that most corporations have no problem with bending over customers to save some coin.

The only solution seems to be for me to install some servers in Asia. I already have my eyes on a good offer in Singapore, but I can't really afford it currently. If the subscriptions keep growing like they are now I should have enough budget available in about a month.

It's good to remember that pixeldrain does not throttle connections at all unless you have exceeded your daily download limit. If you have not exceeded your download limit and your downloads are slow then upgrading to Pro will not help. The problem is with your ISP. Contacting your ISP's support might help in some cases.

To test your speed to pixeldrain's servers you can try this link:
. It will download 1 GB file at the fastest speed possible.

HoodieWeather

Generous
Appreciation score
I use
mediafire.com
/ sendspace.com (for small dlc files)
and

when I upload NSW release that I post on my reddit page. I love mediafire.com though, seems like files don't go anywhere at all.
I've been getting lots of emails of send.cm deleting my files cause there just sitting there and nobody downloads.
pixeldrain, ehh seems very slow to me, granted I've upladed I think two files to there so far.
i do have some files on
but, for some reason I can't seem to upload big files like I once did.

I have a file sitting there at 3.0 GB and I can't seem to upload a 10GB file, it just tells me to refresh the page.
I can't even upload a 103KB file to the damn site. so I don't know whats going on, maybe its my browser or some shit

Heres some that I haven't tried, but booked marked

It's private, cause If it wasn't I'm sure it would have been deleted like the first week I started the site.

Top Bottom