MirrorAce redirects to woowebtools.com

tucows

Appreciation score
For clarification, I'm using Firefox w. uBlock. I've also tried on clean chrome build (no extentions) and same issue. When clicking on ANY download mirror it just redirects to woowebtools.com.

I've googled and it seems like a known issue. It's unfortunate especially because of my geo location and other mirrors being ISP filtered.

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
woowebtools is part of MirrorAce's linking system, always has been (for me).

1708284651820.jpeg

Woowebtools is where you solve the captcha before it directs you to the actual file.

Pic from FireFox with uBlock Origin.

h4rd34

Appreciation score
Same as above, it's always been there for me. As far as I'm concerned it's just a nuisance page to show you ads under the guise of "verifying genuine users". There's a couple of other URLs they seem to use occasionally that serve the same purpose (Wooseotools & pallabmobile. in if I recall).

Semi related - is it the same for everyone that woowebtools requires a captcha solve on every single link? I don't know if it's because I'm using a VPN or if it's normal. I'm used to most websites just requiring one per session for instance. It gets infuriating, especially as the challenges are already much harder when using a VPN, but then also often require up to 5 solutions per link, not accounting for "wrong" answers.

I too am using Firefox with uBlock and Noscript, but I've never found any combination of blocking / allowing scripts to make any difference.

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
As far as I'm concerned it's just a nuisance page to show you ads under the guise of "verifying genuine users"

Agreed. Any website that has a timer is fake bullshit to make people wait for the ads to finish loading

On another note there are now some file hoster sites such as doodrive that make people download using their "web downloader". Only when their downloader is complete then you can click save. If you are not around to click save you may have to download it again and be there to click save. I think that is also about leaving the page open for more ads to load. Bastards they are

tucows

Appreciation score
Thanks all for the replies! I feel so stupid. I genuinely thought it was yet another ddl site that got bought out and redirected. Only because it redirected to a clean url with no reference to the link in question. Last time I used MirrorAce it was maybe 5-6 years ago and never had to do the validation with an external site.

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
On another note there are now some file hoster sites such as doodrive that make people download using their "web downloader". Only when their downloader is complete then you can click save. If you are not around to click save you may have to download it again and be there to click save. I think that is also about leaving the page open for more ads to load. Bastards they are
Sounds like mega.nz (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
) downloads, but in that case it's to do with how they implement their end-to-end encryption, AFAIK.

flarb

Appreciation score
Semi related - is it the same for everyone that woowebtools requires a captcha solve on every single link?

Yes, sometimes multiple captchas depending on the host. Its tedious. but the price we pay for free stuff ;)

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
Sounds like mega.nz (
) downloads, but in that case it's to do with how they implement their end-to-end encryption, AFAIK.
Tried it out just now with
. At least for that one, it's an optional alternative: The upper "Download" button (with the "Maximum Speed" caption) gives me a conventional download, the lower one ("DooDrive Browser Downloader") the more complex solution you describe. And I'm not getting any visible ads anywhere along the way, so other than requiring twice as many "verify" clicks, I'm not seeing any downsides. :)

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
At least for that one, it's an optional alternative

The conventional button is there now but it wasn't before. I decided to test no browser security to see what happens and the buttons need to be double clicked or a tab with ads and other spam opens

h4rd34

Appreciation score
Does anyone know if Mirrorace and Doodrive have the same owner? I wouldn't be surprised as they both have identical "verification" captcha pages, except served from different URLS.

Doodrive uses "pallabmobile. in" while mirrorace uses "woowebtools" or "wooseotools" but the ads are the same (usually some crap about crypto or insurance).

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
Does anyone know if Mirrorace and Doodrive have the same owner? I wouldn't be surprised as they both have identical "verification" captcha pages, except served from different URLS.

Doodrive uses "pallabmobile. in" while mirrorace uses "woowebtools" or "wooseotools" but the ads are the same (usually some crap about crypto or insurance).

My guess is that those ad/captcha pages are the same thing, but that that thing is a third-party tool. It reminds me of those chained link forwarders that free-mode PLGs (premium link generators) used to use. There were a lot of PLG sites, but apparently only a handful of worthwhile link forwarder sites. So the chains couldn't help but end up looking very much alike, no matter which PLG one was using.

ETA: FWIW, multiup.io's filehost list includes DooDrive as well, which suggests that that host isn't too closely associated with mirrorace - assuming the two sites are competitors of sorts, I mean.

Last edited:

QuickWick

Appreciation score
A better alternative is to use

It now includes GoFile, Megaup, Qiwi, Pixeldrain

The 4 big bangers all in one place. The best free-user friendly hosters.

No redirects either and you can add captcha protection if you so wish and password protection.

chrome_eZuyKTHoQw.png

MirrorAce is just completely annoying. MirrorAce forces individual Links.

Multiup allows to link folders with all the files there. So just one link with all the files for user ease.

@aGGyunit What do you think?

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
It probably would be better if scnlog used those yes, but only the admin is in control of the bots.

somegrue

Generous
Appreciation score
It probably would be better if scnlog used those yes, but only the admin is in control of the bots.

Plus...

https://mirrorace.org/account/affiliate said:
You can use our Exit URL monetization feature to make money. Go to your Account Settings page to set up your URL shortener service.

PreLurker

Appreciation score
Same as above, it's always been there for me. As far as I'm concerned it's just a nuisance page to show you ads under the guise of "verifying genuine users". There's a couple of other URLs they seem to use occasionally that serve the same purpose (Wooseotools & pallabmobile. in if I recall).

Semi related - is it the same for everyone that woowebtools requires a captcha solve on every single link? I don't know if it's because I'm using a VPN or if it's normal. I'm used to most websites just requiring one per session for instance. It gets infuriating, especially as the challenges are already much harder when using a VPN, but then also often require up to 5 solutions per link, not accounting for "wrong" answers.

I too am using Firefox with uBlock and Noscript, but I've never found any combination of blocking / allowing scripts to make any difference.
It is exactly how it works for me as well, very tedious. I have to use VPN too since Cloudflare blocks my access to scnlog.

Foobrother

Appreciation score
Something to be aware of: I had issues with woowebtools recently due to my Firewall blocking some websites request which were running in the background. Which ended up making the verification page fail and I wasn't able to access the DL website anymore. Once I added an except for these websites on my Firewall it all worked fine again.

marblesoup

Appreciation score
mirrorace's "human verification system" is bloody irritating for living, breathing humans. there are files i just end up saying, "yeah it's still alive it seems, but fuck it, recaptcha will tie me up for five minutes per URL". please don't get me wrong, scnlog is one of my favs and i'm really grateful for the site, but could the admin please look into some other alternatives like mentioned above? :)
thanks, and sorry for being a bit perturbed. to be clear i'm not upset at anyone but google for recraptcha getting free labour out of us, and mirrorace/woowebtools for deploying it over something more usable.
i'm also using firefox + ublock origin + vpn, FWIW

rusty5

Appreciation score
can the mod please contact mirrorace or woowebtools dev and tell them to switch from google recaptcha to hcaptcha, because recaptcha is pure humiliating and since lots of daily life site like mails providers also relay on recap*shit that's makes daily life so worst to the point of skipping more & more downloads

gg.png

Top Bottom